The first Summer School on "AR & VR for Cultural Heritage Education" will take place next 3-14 June in Foligno (Italy), the hometown of the Quintana Festival, a baroque re-enactment of an equestrian tournament. The is organized in collaboration between EGInA, the European Grants International Academy, and the National Association "Stati Generali dell'Innovazione" (General States of Innovation), which is also one of the main partner of the Erasmus+ KA3 project "Crowddreaming: youth co-create digital culture", coordinated by ALL DIGITAL.
Participants will work together to co-design, co-create and stage museatrical (museum+theatrical) representations of local heritage and traditions.
- BASIC COURSE
- DAY 1 - Welcome, getting to know each other, meeting with the members and users of the hosting organization, introduction to tangible and intangible cultural heritage.
- DAY 2 - Introduction to technologies, platform and tools for digital cultural heritage edutainment experiences: augmented reality, virtual reality, holograms.
- DAY 3 - Engaging community and target groups: Museater and Digital Monuments.
- DAY 4 - Spatial computing techniques for hidden cultural treasures discovery in urban settings or country-side trails.
- DAY 5 - Project management, the theory of change in cultural initiatives.
- DAY 6 - Guided tour of Umbrian medieval villages and natural sites.
- ADVANCED COURSE
- DAY 8 - Project work: Co-creating synopsis, characters and plot.
- DAY 9 - Project work: digital staging. Development of an augmented reality experience working prototype.
- DAY 10 - Project work: attracting visitors. Emotional, value and cultural journalism.
- DAY 11 - Project work: getting funds from the European Union. Presentation of financing programmes and case studies for preservation and development of cultural heritage in the digital age. Firewall party.
- DAY 12 - Departure of participants.
It is still possible to register to the basic (6 days) or advanced (12 days) course until the 24th of May 2019!
The registration cost is 750€/person for the basic course and 1400€/person for the advanced course, and it includes:
- registration and certification fee
- accomodation in 3 stars hotels with breakfast (single room) for the entire duration of the course
- coffee breaks
- touristic and cultural activities
For registrations and information, please get in contact with Altheo Valentini (email@example.com)