Dear partners, dear friends,
As I am sure all of you already know our Working Group will have a workshop at the Telecentre Europe Annual Conference (TEAC) taking place next week in Belgrade.
Please find enclosed below brief information on the workshop:
WORKSHOP TITLE: Developing EU Social Innovation Projects
DATE/PLACE: September 24th 2015, 11am, Hotel Hyatt Belgrade, room Budva
(for more info please visit http:// teannualconference2015.info)
WHO IS IT FOR?
Project/programme leaders/coordinators, active in the fields of e-inclusion, digital empowerment, community building, education and training; interested in combining their expertise with, and growing their network in the field of social innovation.
- Social Innovation
- Project development
- Funding opportunities
WHAT EUROPEAN POLICY CAN THIS WORKSHOP CONTRIBUTE TO?
- Digital Agenda
- Digital Single Market
- Launch the UniteIT Social Innovation Working Group as a network of digital inclusion professionals.
- Briefly present the members of the Working Group and their organizations.
- Briefly present the projects with elements of social innovation currently being implemented and developed by the members of the Working Group.
- Identify the fields in which there is a need for innovative approaches to solving current social issues.
- Develop the UniteIT Social Innovation Working Group into a platform for development of new social innovation projects.
SPEAKERS AND WHAT THEY WILL TALK ABOUT
- Altheo Valentini, Senior EU Projects Manager at European Grants International Academy Srls U. will be talking about Social Innovation as a strategy for a Smart and Community-based Growth.
- Jan Gejels, Senior European Project Manager and Educational Innovation Designer at Working With Europe, will be talking about the development of successful social innovation project applications and the EU social innovation funding environment.
Please find attached:
- Short introduction to the upcoming workshop and how it came about by our first key-note speaker, Mr. Altheo Valentini.
- Pre-event contribution from our second key note speaker, Mr. Jan Gejels who will be joining us in Belgrade via Skype.
MAIN QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION:
- What is implied by the term “Social Innovation” and how can elements of Social Innovation be embedded into projects?
- What particular role can digital inclusion play in social innovation projects?
- What are the EU policies, strategies and funding opportunities in the field of Social Innovation?
- How can we develop a EU platform for creation of new social innovation projects and project consortia?
Looking forward to meeting you in Belgrade!