Welcome to the Youth Employability working group of UniteIT!
With high youth unemployment rates across Europe and an estimate of 900.000 unfilled ICT jobs before 2020, we need to empower young people now.
The focus of this group “Youth Employability” is young people and their digital skills that are required for jobs and future careers. The goal of our working group is to create coalition of different actors and stakeholders with different backgrounds who are contributing to development of young people’s digital skills and motivating them to choose ICT careers.
Potential group members are: representatives of NGOs and public institutions, libraries, schools, universities, industry organizations, ICT students, trainers, employers, researchers and all others willing to support youth employment and ICT career development.
For any questions, please contact the group moderator Mara Jakobsone.
Latest activity: Jun 21
Objectives of the working group
1. Collect data: activities, initiatives, campaigns, resources, tools, impact metrics with respect to youth employment
2. Propose joint activities: identify partnerships and opportunities for collaborative initiatives that could impact on youth employment
3. Make policy recommendations: identify policy recommendations that could be beneficial to youth employment
Topics to address
2. Tools, Campaigns, Resources
3. Skills matching
4. IT Apprenticeships, Internships & mentoring
Dear Members,We are interested in Youth Guarantee and we would be really pleased if you could share your relevant experiece with us in this field and in connection with how to reach NEETs - Young…Continue
Dear Youth Employability working group members!We are looking forward to meeting you in Belgrade at the Youth Employability workshop which will take place on 24th September during the first day of TE…Continue