dont miss tomorrow the possibility to follow tghe live webstream of EU Digital Single Market strategy announcement !
On 6th May at 12 CET VP Ansip and Commissioner Oettinger will present in detail the new Digital Single Market Strategy for Europe.
The event will be streamed online on this link http://bit.ly/DSMWebstream.
Proposed priorities and all related documents are available on the Digital Single Market EC Priority page http://bit.ly/DSMpriority. The related EC press release is available at http://bit.ly/DSMMay6.
Objectives of the Strategy:
- Rapidly concluding negotiations on common EU data protection rules.
- Giving more ambition to the ongoing reform of telecoms rules.
- Modifying copyright rules to reflect new technologies, and to make them simpler and clearer.
- Simplifying consumer rules for online purchases.
- Making it easier for innovators to start their own company.
- Boosting digital skills and learning.
- Enjoying the same online content and services regardless of the EU country we are in
There are also topics linked to e-skills, cybersecurity, uopatke of e-services and ICT prifessionalism - the topiocs we are most concerned with