Category: Best Practice
We are looking for best practices supporting young people's (aged 14-30) employability and entrepreneurship in one or more of the following areas:
- Developing tools for teaching and learning digital skills
- Developing ICT education and training curricula for professional development
- Developing digital competences/skills self-assessment tools
- Boosting entrepreneurship skills of young people
- Boosting employability opportunities for young people
- Fostering digital inclusion
Examples of best practices can be viewed here and remember - every effort is important! You can be working on a local, regional, or international level and you can be focusing on one or more areas. What matters is your willingness and impact in ensuring a bright future for young people in the rapidly developing digital society.
The Best five entries were selected by a jury and then entered the public voting. Voting was done by Unite-IT community members during September 12-19, 2016; they were to 'like' the entry they thought was the most powerful. A member could only choose ONE entry per category. Member profiles were checked for authenticity; and double votes (for more than one entry) were disqualified.
- Innovation: the initiative addresses digital skills for youth, youth employability, youth entrepreneurship in a new way; proposes new solutions for enhancing digital skills and employability perspective of youth; is unique in offering young people opportunities to upgrade their skills and find a job.
- Sustainability: the initiative has ensured some means of funding or a business model in the medium to long term to be able to maintain its operations and outcomes.
- Impact: the initiative has demonstrated evidence of positive impact on young people (on their digital/entrepreneurial skills level; on their employability perspectives).
Back to Telecentre Europe Awards 2016 Description