What we do as an organization (100-word description)
Simbioza aims at improving the quality of life and well-being of our target
groups – the elderly as well as the underprivileged youth – by providing unique employment,
networking and mutual learning opportunities.
Core activites and objectives:
- promote lifelong learning: enabling the elderly community to acquire the much-needed basic computer skills and improving the e-literacy of the target population;
- raising awareness and reaffirm faith and importance in volunteering and solidarity among the younger generations;
- and, by such means, make an important contribution towards improving the intergenerational dialogue.
What ICT or e-skills training programs does my organization offer (if any)?
- Office package (Word, Excel, PPT, OneNote, Access)
- Adobe (Illustrator, Premier Pro, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Coding + School of programming
- ICT Marketing tools + Social Media
- ICT tools for project management
Number of digital competence centres linked to my organization
My function/responsibilities in the organization (description)
I have a lot of experiences in project management and organization, as I managed several project, especially as a president of the largest student organization in Slovenia. I work on youth topics for 10 years, and the past 6 years I devoted my time to work also with elder. In 2012 and 2013 I was among 50 most successful Slovenian women. In 2011 I participated in 2-month program field trip through USA, where the students had the opportunity to explore the ICT sector by visiting Microsof, Facebook, IBM, Google, Mozzila, Cisco, NetApp and some universities, such as Stanford, Berkley, UCLA and Miami. This was a very notable life experience.
I'm in charge of the whole Simbioza project with many different sectors (e-Simbioz@, Simbioza Masters, Simbioza Schools, Simbioza International, Marketing, PR, Intergenerational center, Simbioza Moves), as in 2013 Simbioza became a sustainable story. I started to work on Simbioza since its beginnings in 2011, and see this project as an opportunity to cooperate, connect and co-create.
How I am involved in digital inclusion / empowerment
How I got in touch with this community
I got involved through an ALL DIGITAL event
Why I would like to join the network
To connect with others in these community, to share experience, knowledge and be up to date with these field.
Twitter user name
You need to be a member of Unite IT: The e-Inclusion Network in Europe to add comments!
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This website reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.