What does your organization do (100-word description)
We are The Public Library in Brasov, financially supported by the County Council Brasov. The library was opened in 1930 and since 1992 is named “George Baritiu” Public Library. Among the departments of our library are :
• a Life Long Learning Department
• a Community Information Center
• a foreign languages departments (French, English and Hungarian)
The goals of our institution are focused on :
• spreading and democratizing the tools of access to culture by means of growing the people’s interest to culture, social promotion, permanent education
• initiation and guiding in IT and Communications (TIC)
What digital skills training or activities do you or does your organization offer (if any)?
- General use of computer
- General use of e-mail
- Surfing the Internet - Getting Started
- Organizing ideas with heuristic maps
Your function and/or responsibilities related to digital skills training and empowerment
Head of LLL Department
How did you learn about this community?
I got involved through a telecentre-europe event
Why would yo like to join the network?
social and political communication, negotiation, public speaking, NLP, training, gaming in library
You need to be a member of Unite IT: The e-Inclusion Network in Europe to add comments!
This website reflects the views only of the authors, and the European Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Project N°: 580256-EPP-1-2016-1-BE-EPPKA3-IPI-SOC-IN
Agreement N°: 2016-2790 / 001 - 001