What does your organization do (100-word description)
Simbioza is a social project based in Slovenia that promotes lifelong learning and active ageing and in this regard enable the elderly community to acquire the much needed basic computer skills, so to improve the e-literacy of the target population. By raising awareness and reaffirm faith and importance in volunteering and solidarity among the younger generations (making them 'teachers'), Simbioza makes an important contribution towards improving the intergenerational dialogue and social inclusion of the elderly.
What digital skills training or activities do you or does your organization offer (if any)?
- A nationwide volunteer project of intergenerational cooperation in connection with e-literacy (35.000 people).
- Awareness raising in terms of the importance of digital literacy, the benefits and the consequences of digital transformation etc.
- connecting the network of the relevant national state and private stakeholders relevant for these causes
Number of digital competence centres linked to your organization (if any)
Your function and/or responsibilities related to digital skills training and empowerment
- training the trainers
- performing the trainings
- connecting the partners that hold the actual events in our national volunteer weeks (schools - 145 of them)
- other workshops, seminars etc.
- European projects: ICT4Elderly, Empowerment 4 Women
How are you involved in digital inclusion / empowerment?
With performing trainings, seminars and other activities related with the digital inclusion directly in the field, while at the same time also addressing the stakeholders in our network to push forward policies that will be inclusive and raise the understanding of the digital transformation that we underwent / we will undergo.
How did you learn about this community?
I got involved through an ALL DIGITAL event
Why would yo like to join the network?
We are national partners of the ALL DIGITAL and we would like to upload the photos for the ALL Digital report.
Twitter user name
You need to be a member of Unite IT: The e-Inclusion Network in Europe to add comments!
This website reflects the views only of the authors, and the European Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Project N°: 580256-EPP-1-2016-1-BE-EPPKA3-IPI-SOC-IN
Agreement N°: 2016-2790 / 001 - 001