STRADA MAIOR ALEXANDRU CAMPEANU 29 SECTOR 1, Bucharest, Romania
What does your organization do (100-word description)
Group of the European Youth for Change - GEYC is a Romanian NGO whose mission is to empower young people to change their community. GEYC is coordinating the activity of PRISMA European Network (http://prisma-network.eu).
Scope: empowering young people to create a positive change in their community
What digital skills training or activities do you or does your organization offer (if any)?
The digital field is one of our core directions aiming:
to offer digital empowerment through access to online tools, free education and networking
as well as
to increase the level of digital literacy among young people and youth workers.
In the past years, we have been involved in strategic initiatives connected with:
digital youth work;
policymaking in the digital field.
How are you involved in digital inclusion / empowerment?
"The Digital field is one of the core directions for us. The aim of this field is to digitally empower people by offering access to online tools, free education, and networking, to increase the level of digital literacy among young people and youth workers.
- 2010 - present: we participated in European mobility projects connected to the digital field.
- 2013: GEYC raised awareness among young people (13-30) regarding the critical importance of digital skills to smooth the path to the labour market, through seminars and campaigns, as part of the SMYLE European project.
- 2013 - present: we organized workshops at the local level of young people, youth workers, and teachers;
- 2014: the “Young European's digital practices” seminar followed, continuing GEYC’s lobby and advocacy efforts to convince the authorities about the importance of digital skills for young people. In the same year, we organized the first edition of the European Digital Youth Summit, in order to find realistic solutions to raise employability and to encourage digital entrepreneurship, the second edition set up in 2016. Moreover, because of all our promoting the importance of digital skills, we were selected in 2014 as a member of the Grand Coalition for Digital Jobs.
- 2016: we got involved in KA2 projects that focus on digital: the KA2 project, “eSkills for Volunteers” aiming to reinforce ICT digital knowledge in order to strengthen social inclusion and uniform the basis of work of ICT-active organisations.
- 2017: KA2 strategic partnership project: TURN ONline aiming to bring digitalization within the organizations promoting peace and human rights, having the organizations involved to support this process at local, national, and international levels and
- 2018: KA2 partnership, Youth Workers 2.0, which provides guidance and training for youth workers across Europe on how to use ICT tools and digital methods to better deliver basic skills youth education.
- 2014 - present: every 2 years, we organized EDYS - European Digital Youth Summit (http://edys.eu/), a high-level event under the patronage of the European Parliament, each edition on a specific topic linked to youth and digital affairs.
For more information please check:
- geyc.ro/digital, Key initiatives: GEYC Resources Center (geyc.ro/publications), “New Media Ambassadors” (2013-2016), European Digital Youth Summit (edys.eu), PRISMA project, PRISMA European Network, Young Digital Leaders (2017-2019);"
How did you learn about this community?
I learned about it on social media
Why would yo like to join the network?
In order to involve in the network and to help our young people in their development
You need to be a member of Unite IT: The e-Inclusion Network in Europe to add comments!
This website reflects the views only of the authors, and the European Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Project N°: 580256-EPP-1-2016-1-BE-EPPKA3-IPI-SOC-IN
Agreement N°: 2016-2790 / 001 - 001