Maks’s first aim stays the same: improving the living conditions in their area, to empower the population to be more active by providing a platform for expression for more tolerance and solidarity. Therefore, Maks is organizing DST in their premises, for unemployed people, analphabets, undocumented migrant, seniors and many other. Various schools and organization (youth detox center for example) asked for a Digital Storytelling (DST) project on their premises.…See More
"First I thought Digital Storytelling (DST) was either about allowing people with a specific story to share it, or a media team to create a professional video. After watching a DST video, I then thought they were supposed to teach people how to develop their digital skills. After having talked with the Maks team and followed their work, I realised it was far more than that."…See More
Since 1999 the nonprofit Maks stimulates Brussels citizens, primarily from the neighbourhoods Kuregem and Molenbeek, to develop their talents and competences. Maks designs innovative methods to encourage young and old to enrich their digital skills.Maks is composed of three services: Maks Digital, Maks Work and Maks Graphic Agency.As part of our study visit, we were able to discover closer some of the activities organized by Maks Digital service.…See More
Thanks to ALL DIGITAL Study Visits programme, we had the opportunity to visit Maks vzw in Brussels. In our view, this was the best way to learn from another organization’s activities. We really appreciated our time in Brussels, the kindness of the staff sharing about their work, and the very interesting nature of their activities.We wrote a report of this study visit and a short guide to Digital Storytelling, soon to become public through blog posts here and on our website. This is the part…See More
Campus de Battelle, Rte de Drize 7
1227 Carouge GE
What we do as an organization (100-word description)
Ynternet.org a Foundation on eCulture and novel pedagogical practices.
Ynternet.org is working on commons oriented netizenship based on open source, open licensing and have a book on it. Most importantly, we love wikis, the book has its own wiki (http://netizen3.org/index.php). We have organised all our experience and expertise on collaborative competences around the WikiSkills Handbook (https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/WikiSkills_Handbook), a practical guide to help educators of all type (teachers, trainers) bring their public in using wikis and wiki-like tools for their learning activities.
What ICT or e-skills training programs does my organization offer (if any)?
- Media and youth campaign: empowering netizenship and media training on selected collaborative tools for socio-professional development
- Strategic awareness: We use collaborative, social bookmarking, application to keep up to date with latest developments in this area (see for example, https://groups.diigo.com/group/e_culture)
- Collaborative skills development with training scenarios: organizing all our experience and expertise on collaborative competences around the WikiSkills Handbook (https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/WikiSkills_Handbook)
- Training trainers and (university) students: We have a strategic partnership with the University of Applied Sciences in Geneva (HES/HEG-GE) where we organize yearly training for Profs and Assistants on licensing
- Product test and deployment: have recently participated in a co-creation process for the development of CoWaBoo (http://project.cowaboo.net).
- All year training and dissemination (TEDx Geneva): Open workshops (10 per year with 20 to 30 participants) and events (twice a year) on key technologies changing our everyday lives.
Number of digital competence centres linked to my organization
My function/responsibilities in the organization (description)
As an intern and project, partnership developer for Ynternet.org, I am involved in all the Foundation’s activities listed above.
My work is consisting of administrative and content development tasks, as well as editing video, or getting in touch with people like possible sponsors and enlarging the Ynternet.org community. I am assisting the direction, first of all, for the website: writing and posting articles. I am also involved in the campaign: assisting the Ynternet.org speaker into the school, following up the people who could be interested about it.
How I am involved in digital inclusion / empowerment
I am involved in all the ICT and e-skills trainings organized by the Foundation.
How I got in touch with this community
I got involved through a Telecentre Europe event
Why I would like to join the network
I took part with the Foundation of the Get online week and posted some articles on I-LINC platform. Now, I am interested to post an article about the TEDxGeneva we are organizing in June and Ms. Clifford advised me to do it on your platform as well.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This website reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.