The European Commission has launched a call for projects and will recognize the best 35 e-Inclusion projects in Europe. The deadline for sending in your project proposal will be 12th September
Please find below some basic information about this EC innitiative. This document is intended to encourage and support you to submit your project to the projects competition.
Could you be a European e-Inclusion Champion?
Have you created or implemented an initiative that has used Information and Communication Technology (ICT) or digital technology to positively impact socially disadvantaged or digitally excluded communities?
If so, you should enter the European e-Inclusion Awards 2008!
Your initiative could be recognized as one of the 35 best e-inclusion projects across Europe and showcased to the rest of the EU as an example of good practice.
Additionally, by reaching this stage you could go on to win one of seven individual category awards that will be presented at the e-Inclusion Awards ceremony in Vienna on 1 December 2008.
The European e-Inclusion Awards 2008 are designed for initiatives and projects that have used ICT and digital technology to impact positively on socially disadvantaged or digitally excluded groups. There are 7 different categories of projects. Below is an outline of these categories which will help you decide which better matches your project.
Ageing Well Award
- Encouraging and developing increased participation in society and the economy by older people, assisting them to stay actively engaged in their communities whether at work, with family or friends, developing new interests or skills, or volunteering.
Marginalised Young People
- Reaching out to young people who are disadvantaged or marginalised from mainstream societies. Helping them to use digital technology in ways that improve their self-confidence and life-skills, and assisting them to engage with others in achieving purposeful goals.
Geographic Inclusion Award
- Overcoming the disadvantages of living in remote areas, or bringing together communities of interest over a very large region.
Cultural Diversity Award – Encouraging greater social and digital inclusion for minority ethnic groups, other culturally disadvantaged or excluded groups in majority populations, and for recent migrant populations.
Digital Literacy Award
– Developing the digital literacy and skills of previous nonusers of ICT-related services, particularly people from disadvantaged groups including older people, people with disabilities or mental health difficulties, people in lower income and education groups and unemployed adults.
– Demonstrating the highest standards of accessibility and inclusivity in every aspect of the project, plus a commitment to attaining e-Accessibility in line with the EU guidance; meeting all the requirements and standards for convergence and interoperability in providing accessible and inclusive content.
Inclusive Public Services Award
– Ensuring that ICT-based services have been planned and delivered to be more inclusive for citizens and customers, responding to their priorities and needs both at the outset and from feedback as the service delivery is developed (open only to organisations with a direct or commissioned responsibility for delivering public services).
Telecentre.Europe would like to encourage and support any organisations or telecentres that might want to participate in this competition.
For further information about the eInclusion Awards 2008, please visit www.e-inclusionawards.eu
. Should you prefer a direct contact with the Europen Comission, please use the following coordinates:
Mrs. Anna Kotwica
+44 207 2343538
Remember!: You need register before applying. To register, please go to http://www.e-inclusionawards.eu and click on REGISTER.
Should you need any support with the application, please contact Pedro Aguilera Cortes
Countries which can apply: Austria, Belgium. Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom