Preserving cultural heritage and opening it up to all citizens is crucial if we are to create a common sense of belonging and a European community.
"Easy TO READ EASY TO ACCESS" - ACCEASY is a KA2 Erasmus+ project implemented by seven European organisations: Fundacion Aspanias Burgos (SP), e-code (SK) , EGInA Srl (IT), aCapo Societa Cooperativa Sociale Integrata (IT), IMS Research and Development Centre (CY) e Cyprus Autistic Association(CY).
The main goal is to make the European cultural heritage accessible to people with learning and cognitive difficulties.
The project’s kick-off meeting took place last November in Burgos, Spain.
In the framework of the ACCEASY project, the Partnership aims to:
- design and test a methodology based on an accessible communication system: accessible language, augmentative and alternative communication systems (AACS), applicable to the cultural heritage
- create a database with technical concepts, in several languages and with the support of AACS, which will allow its accessible use in different contexts;
- develop tools for professionals of the heritage sector to make the European cultural heritage accessible
- claim cognitive accessibility as a right, through the construction of a European network for an accessible cultural heritage.
PROJECT RESULTS The project will develop two Intellectual Outputs:
- IO1: Database with key technical concepts related to the European cultural heritage translated in 5 languages. This is an innovative and necessary tool that will be validated and tested by people with intellectual and cognitive disabilities, as well as experts in cultural heritage from partner countries.
- IO2: Manual addressed to the professionals working in the field of cultural heritage. The tool provides guidelines for professionals to make the European cultural heritage accessible to all.