1. „Let’s code the Micro:bit”( 25.03.2019)
This was an awareness raising event. 18 year old students helped 9 and 10 years old students to make first steps in Mico:bit coding.
1. familiarity with coding micro:bit;
2. familiarity with basic concepts like sequences, modularization and repetition;
3. familiarity with planning and debugging practices;
4. peer-to-peer, collaborative and team working;
5. have fun with coding micro:bit.
Materials: tutorials and MakeCode Editor from https://makecode.microbit.org.
Feedback from participants: Bogdan, 19 years old student: "It was awesome and inspiring to help younger pupils to make first steps in coding! I definitely want to become a teacher!" Mihai, 9 years old pupil: "When can we repeat this lesson, please? I liked it a lot!"
2. „Minecraft voyage” (29.03.2019) was a collaborative workshop about coding in Minecraft.
Some students, especially girls were shy and they didn't want to participate in the beginning, so I had to find a way to convince them that coding is fun also for girls.
Feedback from participants: Sara, 10 years old pupil: "First, I thought that is too difficult for me, but, I tried and, in the end, I liked it a lot!"
Add a Comment