Does your organization work with youth aged 13-18? Do you have a passion for youth development? Are you looking to integrate innovative digital media programming into your work?
Apply for the Adobe Youth Voices program before January 31th!
If selected by TakingITGlobal you can assign 2 individuals from your organization who will be provided with the tools and training to become Adobe Voices educators.
Once educators are equipped to deliver the program, they will be required to lead a multi-year program and integrate youth media making into existing youth-focused programs and initiatives. They will have to facilitate a process that allows young people to create multimedia projects that deliver their ideas and messages to the world.
Educators can be teachers, youth workers, media experts, or simply people who are passionate about innovation, community development, and youth engagement.
TakingITGlobal will provide the educators with 8 weeks of training. The training is an e-course that runs asynchronously and provides educators with tools and resources to run the program locally. Educators are expected to facilitate youth’s critical exploration of key issues with the use of digital tools and to help them engage in media production to share their perspectives on the social issues that affect them.
All the successful partner organizations will receive:
- Training: Online training to develop critical thinking and digital media skills.
- Software: A donation of Adobe's powerful multimedia software (Adobe Photoshop & Premiere Elements).
- Access to resources: Plently of resources to advance software skills, international exhibition opportunities, program development support, and exciting curricula.
- Network: Connections with a global network of educators and organizations who share a passion for leveraging youth potential.
- Funding: A modest stipend of about USD1.200 from the Adobe Foundation to run local youth projects smoothly and effectively.
Specific deliverables include the following:
- Engage a minimum of 50 youth aged 13-18 to create youth media projects with a purpose
- Submit a minimum of 5 fully completed, high quality media projects at the end of the cycle (1 year)
Qualifications for the individuals/educators are as follows:
- Advanced communication in English (verbal and written)
- Able to devote a minimum of 5 hours per week to the AYV Program for at least 1 year
- Experience with youth engagement and education
- Proficient computer skills
» Supplementary Info
» Application Form
» Software Order Form
» Deadline for application is January 31th, 2013!