After a first run in 2011, a new Telecentre-Europe Awards competition (#TEA12) was launched on September 20, 2012. This year, the competition is open only to Telecentre-Europe's official Member Organizations and will be an ideal opportunity to celebrate the outstanding digital inclusion efforts & achievements of the European telecentre community.
» If your organization is interested in becoming a member, please check Telecentre-Europe's webpage: Become A Member.
The awards will recognize Telecentre-Europe's three Most Outstanding Members who will be honored at the Awards Ceremony during the Telecentre-Europe Summit 2012 (#TES12), taking place on October 17thin Warsaw, Poland.
To enter the Awards, Telecentre-Europe's official Member Organizations will apply by publishing blogposts on this community site, on the following three themes/categories:
» To enter the awards, Telecentre-Europe's official Member Organizations need to apply by publishing minimum 1 blogpost in each one of the three categories. The blogposts also need to follow the Blogging Guidelines of this community site and need to contain the tag TEA12 as one of the tagwords.
Serving people, particularly under-served groups, is a leitmotif for telecentres and e-inclusion actors in general.
We look for initiatives that demonstrate to have produced a social or economic benefit for a specific target group (preferentially, but not limited to: women, youth, elderly) or to have addressed needs that are transverse to more categories of disadvantaged groups (e.g. to favour their employability or entrepreneurship)
- Social Innovation:
We refer to ICT-driven or enhanced initiatives that introduce a novelty, a new way of producing a social or economic benefit for end-users and their local communities.
Concepts like collaboration, co-creation (i.e. involving users in the process of finding solutions to their or local needs) or co-responsibility are at the forefront of social innovation processes, which can range from creating solutions in telecentres to address specific societal needs, to incubating small businesses that can redound to the benefit of local communities.
In times of economic crisis, telecentres sustainability over time is each time more fragile.
We are looking for innovative strategies tried by e-Inclusion actors to fund their services or projects, and keep them available over time. We welcome strategies ranging from multistakeholder partnerships to volunteering or offering paid services, in other words, any strategy that proved to bring a solution to the interested actors and can potentially be adopted by other actors of our community.
Awards Terms & Rules
- This award is open only to official Member Organizations of Telecentre-Europe AISBL
» If your organization is interested in becoming a member & participate in this contest, please check Telecentre-Europe's webpage Become A Member.
- Only blogposts written in English are accepted and will enter the awards
- The three winners must be represented at the Telecentre-Europe Summit, for the Awards Ceremony, on October 17th, in Warsaw, Poland
- Accommodation and travel costs in Warsaw will be covered by the organizers for all winners
Why to enter the Awards
- European recognition for your work
- Opportunity to attend the Telecentre-Europe Summit 2012
- Visibility as Telecentre-Europe Awards 2012 Winner in Telecentre-Europe websites and online communication channels
- A medal / certificate that will be handed over during the Awards Ceremony on October 17th
- Cash awards:
- Frist Prize (Gold): 1.200 EUR
- Second Prize (Silver): 1.000 EUR
- Third Prize (Bronze): 800 EUR
Jury & judging criteria
The Telecentre-Europe Awards jury will be formed by representatives of the Telecentre-Europe staff and external digital inclusion experts.
The jury will evaluate the blogposts following the criteria described below:
- Number of blogposts entered in total
- Editorial guidelines taken into account
- European added value of the initiatives described in the blogposts
- Local impact of the initiatives
|20 September 2012
||Launch of the awards
4 October 2012
|Deadline for posting three blogpost on the community site
|1-5 October 2012
||Judging – selection of the most outstanding members
|5 October 2012
||Announcement of the winners
|17 October 2012
||Awards Ceremony in Warsaw
For questions & further details on the Telecentre-Europe Awards 2012, please register for this community site and contact Telecentre-Europe's Communications Manager Lize De Clercq by sending her a private message through her profile page.