Dear Telecentre-Europe member,
We are pleased to announce an exciting new project that will bring a range of benefits for telecentres and staff. We are creating a European Telecentre Resource Bank that will collect best practices, guides, tools and any other resources that can improve telecentres’ effectiveness and efficiency. The resources will be divided into five themes:
1. Employability – for example, a telecentre trainers guide to online job hunting
2. Sustainability – for example, a managers’ guide to European funding streams
3. Capacity building – for example, a managers’ guide to marketing your centre
4. Citizenship – for example, a guide to the range of available e-skills courses
5. Accessibility - for example, a managers’ guide to accessible technology
We will be analysing existing resources that we gather from various sources, and will select the most relevant ones based on your suggestions. The selected resources will be translated into a number of European languages in order to really widen their use, and will then be made available on a specially designed online platform, available only to Telecentre-Europe members.
We are now starting a process of research, and we would really appreciate your contributions and inputs. Therefore, if you have any documents, applications or other resources about the themes described above, please don’t hesitate to share them with us. We are convinced that collaboration inside the network is essential to build a rich resource bank for all Telecentre-Europe members.
There will be more information coming very soon, but please contact us for any suggestion or question.
The Steering Committee