As Spain has already reached about 50% (111/250) of the targeted responses of the MIREIA survey, Telecentre-Europe asked us to give an overview of our dissemination efforts, so to inspire our European colleagues with some of our practices.
Network of networks
First of all: the MIREIA branch for Spain (the Community Association of Telecentre Networks - CATN) is a network of regional telecentre networks and groups around 8000 national telecentres. So we already had a good organizational structure in place to start from and we used a two layer structure: at first, the message was broadcasted by the Technical Secretariat of CATN and after, our regional partners conducted their own outreach campaign among their network of contacts.
2 phase "buzzing"
- We started to "buzz" MIREIA somewhere around mid December, immediately after we signed the dissemination agreement. So even before the survey was launched online.
We made up a .pdf document which described the project and named the benefits of participating in the survey (based on TE's call for partnership), and distributed the document through all our channels.
- Once the survey was launched, on January 2nd, we jumped upon the earlier created expectation and made a second round of dissemination through our channels, this time with the Spanish translation of the survey online and ready to be filled!
Channel mix & frequency
These are the dissemination channels we're using:
- Descriptive article on our website (with link to the above mentioned .pdf file)
- Sending email invites through our partner list (19 organizations, 50 contact persons)
- Banner on our website with link directly to the survey in spanish
- Intensive use of social media:
- Twitter: 2 or 3 tweets a day, with different texts. Some examples:
- 1 status update before the launch (on Dec 14) with link to website article
- 1 status update after the launch (on Jan 2) with direct link to the survey in Spanish
- Follow-up calling by phone to partners & agencies that were invited by email
We hope this was useful and good luck to all MIREIA partners!