Telecentre.org Foundation is seeking applications for the post of Regional Community Coordinator (RCC) for Francophone Africa.
Reporting directly and in regular basis to the Global Community Manager, the RCC will be responsible for knowledge sharing efforts in his/her assigned region and language community site and for implementing these efforts in coordination with other existing and emerging learning communities around the world.
The successful candidate must be an activist/supporter of the telecentre movement and grassroots-level ICT initiatives for development steered by public, private and non-governmental entities. He/she must be able to work as part of a team as well as independently, and must demonstrate willingness to focus on multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible enough to work with people from varied cultures, language groups, and backgrounds. Fluency in English as well as French is required. A strong writing and IT/website management background is highly desired.
- Daily management, control, promotion and technical supervision of the assigned language or regional community site. This includes guidance to members seeking assistance on posting issues.
- Translation of blogs, news, presentations, and other communication materials provided by TCF, or other selected sources in a variety of digital formats.
- Daily approval and welcome of new community members.
- Daily encouragement of participation of community members in blogs, forums and other online interactions within online community.
- Daily upload and comments on blog posts, videos and pictures.
- Featuring of blog posts, articles and profiles (individuals and organizations) every week
- Posting or cross-posting of at least 4 blog posts per month on regional and national ICT trends and other ICT & telecentre related topics.
- Monthly search for national, regional, and global ICT & telecentre related events for addition in the community events calendar.
- Coordination, promotion, and reporting of TCF and TCF partner activities such as webinars campaigns, contests, and online polls.
- Monthly solicitation of speakers/contributors to moderate the “Flavor of the Month” forum.
- Monthly search for and contribution of at least 4 ICT & telecentre-related resources at the national, regional, and global level to share in the TCF Online Library.
- Regular posting in TCF social media accounts (i.e. Facebook, Twitter) based on an agreed schedule. Posts to TCF accounts should be made via Hootsuite.
- Monthly accomplishment of the Community Site Report.
- Attendance and documentation of the monthly RCC meeting with Global Community Manager, and other special online meetings when needed and requested by the Global Community Manager.
- Representation of TCF in events, conferences and other meetings when requested.
- Assistance to TCF in the preparation and conduct of a face-to-face event in the RCC’s base of operations when requested.
- Active invitation of members to the community site
- Collection of data on telecentres in the region for inclusion in the Global Telecentre Map
- Collection of data on ICT4D experts in the region for inclusion in the community website
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- College degree in a relevant discipline such as development, international relations, information technology, social sciences, communications, or knowledge management
- At least three to five years of work experience, preferably with experience at an international level
- Advanced computer and documentation skills, including experience using social media applications. Background and experience in IT/website management is desired.
- Thorough knowledge of the latest developments in the field of grassroots and rural ICT efforts for development. Candidates with already existing strong ties to organizations in the field of ICT for development are highly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. He/she must be fluent in English as well as French. Knowledge of Arabic will be an advantage.
The successful candidate must:
- Demonstrate a high level of efficiency, integrity, and flexibility towards achieving organizational goals;
- Be willing to work with a team of Foundation staff of varied cultural and language backgrounds;
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and group processing skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Telecentre.org Foundation stakeholders and partners that include a broad array of policy makers, community, and business leaders, IT service providers, development professional, grassroots advocates and citizens;
- Be willing to undergo training in the use of new web and media applications and tools; and
- Be willing to travel overseas when necessary.
All applications -- to include resume, names and coordinates of two references, and a brief statement of interest (not exceeding 500 words) -- should be submitted not later than January 31, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
» Download the complete job ad