Telecentre-Europe organized an information exchange session in Brussels last week, where the Co-chairs Gabi Barna and Ian Clifford presented plans for the network to an audience of representatives of the following European Commission DG’s:
- Information Society and Media
- Employment, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities
- Education and Culture
The purpose of this meeting was to raise Telecentre-Europe’s profile within the European Commission, by lobbying the contribution that telecentres are making to achieve the goals of the Digital Agenda, and by showing how a united network of telecentres across Europe can be a viable and effective partner in implementing the eInclusion policies.
During the meeting a number of valuable opportunities arose in the following areas, which the Steering Committee will continue to follow up:
- Twinning programme for telecentre related organizations to support exchange of knowledge.
- Telecentre-Europe could become more active in the European Commission consultations
- European Commission involvement in Get Online Day 2011.
- European Commission presence at the Telecentre Europe Summit 2010
- An award scheme through the DG Information Society and Media for eInclusion Champions
Add a Comment